Need a One-two punch for your next event?
Why not try Show & Dance?:
- Sound expensive? Yes.
- Look expensive? Sure.
- Is expensive? No Way!
After a quick wardrobe change we clear the dance floor and Vocal Trash becomes the "City to City Band" a Las Vegas style dance band. The City to City Band has been delighting audiences across the U.S since 1992. From Patsy Cline to Madonna, from The Rolling Stones to the Commodores, the City to City's got you "covered" with that perfect mix of "by request" dance favorites. What's more? Because both groups are made up of the same personnel, the entire evening's entertainment comes under a budget.
Perfect for the corperate minded.
Vocal Trash and The City to City Band = Smart! Very smart!!!
The Vocal Trash family is made up of five very different, yet like minded individuals. Each member brings his or her special talents to the mix.
This "faith based" group is also proud to point out they are drug, smoke, and alcohol free. They enjoy bringing a good clean family show, worthy of the Disney channel.
Along with the countless performances throughout the year, each team member has numerous "behind the scene" responsibilities. Steve, the group's creator, tells us "I don't think many people understand what it takes to sustain a successful road show, such as Vocal Trash. Along with the grueling tour schedule there is the booking, rehearsing, recording, filling merchandise orders, vehicle and equipment upkeep as well as answering the many e-mails from our loyal followers."
Kelsey, the teams vocal star, adds "we try and stay accessible to our fans, they are the heart and soul of our success."
VT's commitment to their fan base is further demonstrated by the constant interaction with them on stage and off. Bruce Brock, the teddy bear, says "If we didn't love what we do, it just wouldn't be worth the long hours. The positive feedback from all of our fans make it worthwhile.
- Vocal Trash started in 2001
- Steve, Bruce, and Chris met in Abilene Texas.
- Kelsey is the only VT member not originally from Texas. She is originally from Auburn, Washington.
- Norwood recently graduated from Steve's alma-mater Hardin Simmons University.
- Steve plays many instruments such as drums, trumpet, piano, bass, harmonica, and 4 mallet percussion (marimbas and vibraphone).
- Beginning at age 5 Kelsey performed in more then 25 plays and musicals. She also has starred in 15 commercials, 8 of which were national!
- Chris graduated from broadcasting school. Go DJ Beck!!!
- Vocal Trash owns a recording studio as well as a photography studio where new products are regularly produced.
- Bruce once played onstage with Willie Nelson, after which he signed the legend's guitar. WOW!
- Steve and Bruce co-wrote a song that placed them as one of three winners in a national songwriter's competition. There were 6500 entrees. The song was entitled "Ive Upped My Standards(So Up Yours Too)".
- Kelsey has sung the National Anthem at several professional sporting events including the Seattle Seahawks game in the Kingdome, and at age 9 she actually turned down the Mickey Mouse Club due to a call back from Broadway in New York.
- Steve, Bruce, and Norwood were all members of the world famous Hardin Simmons University Cowboy Band.